This process will be used for the return and repair of field processors or ramp signal controllers that have been sold by Transmax.
Faults and defects within the warranty period for the equipment will be assessed and repaired based on the terms and conditions.
Faults and defects outside the warranty period are chargeable. A financial arrangement or support contract with Transmax must be in place before repairs will be started.
The Transmax technical support group is responsible for processing equipment repairs.
1300 773 540
Please call the Transmax technical support group to organise access.
Transmax 24 hour, 7 day technical support requires a support contract.
Transmax prefers that customers arrange access to the Transmax issue tracking system. Where repairs are urgent, Transmax suggests that the technical support group are called as well as logging a technical support task through the Internet or via email.
Transmax aims to repair and return equipment within seven (7) business days, with the exception of equipment that is required to be returned to the manufacturer for repair.
If the equipment is returned to the manufacturer, Transmax sets a maximum time of 30 days at which time the company may, at its discretion, consider the replacement of the unit with a refurbished model. (The model will be the same, but Transmax cannot guarantee that we will have refurbished units in stock).
Transmax aims to return the unit to the customer as soon as possible. If the repair is deemed urgent, please advise us when the issue is first reported. Transmax recommends customers retain a number of spare units for use in an event such as this.
Transmax recommends that customers or their contractors carry spare equipment to allow for the following repair timeframes.
For all repairs that can be completed at Transmax
Where repairs require specialised equipment held by equipment manufacturers. If the device that has been returned to the manufacturer for repair cannot be returned within the specified timeframe then Transmax may, at our discretion, supply an equivalent device suitable for purpose.
Transmax recommends that the customer holds spare equipment. Please call Transmax if equipment needs to be returned more quickly than the times specified above.
Following any repairs, Transmax will return the equipment with the original configuration unless otherwise instructed.
Embedded software will be updated to the current production version used by the equipment owner.
The majority of equipment malfunctions can be diagnosed in-situ and many faults may even be rectified by accessing the device in-situ.
Transmax encourages customers to contact the technical support group to diagnose abnormal equipment operation while the equipment is still in-situ.
Transmax records an issue’s specific details in its RMA system and requests appropriate information to enable an efficient diagnosis, repair, replacement and return of customers’ equipment. Customers should have a Technical Support Agreement in place and follow the process outlined below to return a suspected faulty or defective unit.
- Customers should raise an incident through Transmax’s issue management system, or by calling Transmax technical support on 1300 773 540 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Customers should provide their contact details as well as a detailed description of the problem. Customers should also specify whether they are claiming warranty. Warranty claims will require further details including: equipment serial number; invoice number; and date of purchase.
- Transmax technical support will proceed to assess and diagnose the fault/defect. It is Transmax’s preference that this diagnosis is undertaken while the unit is still on-site so that the fault can be diagnosed inclusive of all environmental factors.
- If a fault/defect is identified that can be resolved online, then Transmax will fix the issue and, if successful close the incident and advise the customer accordingly.
- If the fault/defect is unable to be resolved in-situ, Transmax will provide the customer with an RMA number for the equipment to be returned to Transmax.
- Customers should return the equipment to Transmax with the provided RMA number clearly noted on the packaging. The customer agrees to insure the product or assume the risk of loss or damage during transit, to prepay shipping charges, and to use the original packaging or equivalent. A customer purchase order or Technical Support account details will need to be provided if the warranty period has lapsed.
- Transmax will advise the customer of any repair costs and seek approval to proceed prior to repairing the equipment, or sending it to the manufacturer for repair.
- If the equipment cannot be repaired, the customer will need to decide whether to purchase new equipment, dispose of the equipment. or request the equipment be returned unrepaired.
- Repaired equipment is returned to the customer. Repaired or replaced products are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, or for the remainder of the original product's warranty period, whichever is longer. Freight costs are charged to the customer unless the product is under warranty
- The customer is invoiced (unless under warranty) through their Technical Support account, unless an alternative arrangement has been made between Transmax and the customer.